After the opening match, Punjab and Kolkata face each other in the first match of the Saturday doubleheader. It is one of the most one-sided rivalries in Indian T20 League history where Kolkata have heavily dominated the hosts. Check out this blog for all the match information including match timing, venue, stats and much more.
|Won Batting 1st
|Won Batting 2nd
Date & Time
Punjab and Kolkata will face each other in the Indian T20 League on 1st April at 3:30 PM IST.
Venue Info and Stats
The venue for Punjab vs Kolkata is the PCA Stadium, Mohali. The ground is one of the only oval grounds in India and the Punjab team is always cheered massively at this venue despite an abysmal track record at the stadium.
Indian T20 League Stats at the PCA Stadium:
Total Matches: 56
Matches won Batting 1st: 24
Matches won Batting 2nd: 32
Avg. 1st innings score: 165.6
Avg. 2nd innings score: 155.9
Highest 1st innings score: 240
Highest 2nd innings score: 207
Total 4s: 1667
Total 6s: 526
Players To Watch Out For:
- S. Dhawan: Punjab has chosen Gabbar to lead the side after releasing skipper M. Agarwal ahead of the 2022 auction. After recently recovering from a foot injury, Dhawan would be hopeful of a positive start to the campaign.
- S. Curran: After becoming the most expensive player in the history of the Indian T20 League, Curran would be under the immense pressure of justifying his price tag. Curran should be one of the first picks in a fantasy team as he has a good record against Kolkata.
- A. Singh: One of the leading contenders to win the Purple Cap this season and a regular Indian international, Arshdeep alongside Rabada would be crucial for Punjab to stop the likes of Russell and Rana.
- A. Russell: The most fearsome all-rounder in the Indian T20 League is once again ready to set the stage on fire with his explosive power hitting. Russell has scored 331 runs in 10 innings including 3 half-centuries against Punjab.
- N. Rana: The newly-appointed captain has the responsibility to lead the side as well as anchor the batting lineup in absence of S. Iyer. Tana would be looking to improve his record against Punjab as he has scored only 110 runs in 8 innings against them.
- S. Thakur: Kolkata acquired the experienced Indian all-rounder in trade with Delhi ahead of the auction. Kolkata, in recent seasons, has struggled to get over the line and thankfully Thakur will provide depth in the lower batting order along with his bowling exploits.
Here’s the probable XI for Punjab vs Kolkata:
Punjab: M. Short, S. Dhawan (c), B. Rajapaksa, J. Sharma (wk), S. Khan, S. Raza, S. Curran, R. Dhawan, H. Brar, R. Chahar, A. Singh
Kolkata: R. Gurbaz (wk), V. Iyer, N. Rana (c), N. Jagadeesan, A. Russell, R. Singh, S. Narine, S. Thakur, U. Yadav, L. Ferguson, V. Chakravarthy
Suggested Fantasy Lineup
Indian T20 League 2023 Schedule:
The Indian T20 League 2023 schedule promises exciting cricketing action over the next few weeks. With all teams aiming for the top spots in the table, the competition is set to be fierce. Click here to check out the latest standing.
Your favourite Indian cricketer and the captain of Punjab, Shikhar Dhawan is the new brand ambassador of MyTeam11. Take part in the Leaderboard League on MyTeam11 and stand a chance to get extra winnings of ₹1.11 crore and a luxurious Audi car. If you are a first-time user, you can also get inaugural cashback of up to ₹900. So intezaar chodo aur banao apni teams, kyunki Pehle MyTeam11, Baaki Sab Baad Mein!