The most-awaited fixture of the Indian T20 League 2023 between Bangalore and Mumbai, will kick off at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. The first match of both teams, Bangalore vs Mumbai, promises to be a thrilling encounter. Bangalore finished 3rd in 2022, while Mumbai ended at the bottom of the table. Bangalore will be eager to start the campaign on a winning note and build on its impressive performance from last season. On the other hand, Mumbai will be determined to put its dismal 2022 campaign behind them.
|Won Batting 1st||6||10|
|Won Batting 2nd||7||9|
Date & Time
Bangalore and Mumbai will clash against each other in the second match of the Sunday double-header on 2nd April at 7:30 PM IST. Match lineups will be available at 7:00 PM on MyTeam11 mobile app.
Venue Info and Stats
The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, known for its electric atmosphere and high-scoring encounters, will host the Bangalore vs Mumbai clash. The pitch usually favours batsmen, making it a paradise for powerhitters. However, the bowlers can also make an impact with their variations and clever changes of pace. Keep the following stats in mind when creating your fantasy teams on the MyTeam11 app:
T20 Stats at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium:
Total Matches: 79
Matches won Batting 1st: 32
Matches won Batting 2nd: 44
Avg. 1st innings score: 168.4
Avg. 2nd innings score: 147.5
Highest 1st innings score: 263
Highest 2nd innings score: 207
Total 4s: 2115
Total 6s: 1091
Players To Watch Out For
- V. Kohli: The highest run-scorer in tournament history, Kohli will be playing for the first time in front of home fans since 2019. Alongside du Plessis, he is expected to lead fro the front and set the tone for his team’s campaign.
- M. Siraj: The talented fast bowler has been a revelation for Bangalore, consistently picking up crucial wickets in the powerplay and at the death. Siraj’s ability to bowl accurately at high speeds will be crucial for Bangalore’s success.
- F. du Plessis: In his 2nd season as Bangalore captain, Faf would be looking to do one better and reach the Finals on this occasion. He brings in a wealth of experience and his ability to play match-winning knocks makes him vital in the Bangalore batting lineup.
- S. Yadav: The number 1 T20 batsman in the world, the stylish Surya has been a consistent performer for Mumbai. With an uncanny ability to find gaps and score at a brisk pace, Yadav will be the most important player for Mumbai.
- C. Green: The young Australian all-rounder is an exciting prospect for Mumbai. His hard-hitting prowess and handy medium-pace bowling make him a valuable asset in the T20 format.
- J. Archer: The English pacer is back in the Indian T20 League after entirely missing out on the last season due to back issues. In the absence of Bumrah, Rohit would be hoping Archer to bowl pinpoint yorkers and fiery spells as they aim to start their campaign on a high.
Here’s the probable XI for Bangalore vs Mumbai:
Bangalore: F. du Plessis (c), V. Kohli, S. Prabhudessai, M. Lomror, G. Maxwell, D. Karthik (wk), S. Ahmed, M. Bracewell, M. Siraj, H. Patel, R. Topley
Mumbai: I. Kishan (wk), R. Sharma (c), S. Yadav, D. Brevis, T. Varma, C. Green, T. David, H. Shokeen, K. Kartikeya, J. Archer, P. Chawla
Suggested Fantasy Lineup
Indian T20 League 2023 Schedule:
The Indian T20 League 2023 schedule promises exciting cricketing action over the next few weeks. With all teams aiming for the top spots in the table, the competition is set to be fierce. Click here to check out the latest standing.
Your favourite Indian cricketer, Shikhar Dhawan is the new brand ambassador of MyTeam11. Take part in the Leaderboard League on MyTeam11 and stand a chance to get extra winnings of ₹1.11 crore and a luxurious Audi car. If you are a first-time user, you can also get inaugural cashback of up to ₹900. So intezaar chodo aur banao apni teams, kyunki Pehle MyTeam11, Baaki Sab Baad Mein